SecEd Planning Meeting May 28-29th Late notice! Meeting in Steve's Room (5B76) @ 9am - see Rachel's email


  1. Review of what worked well and what didn't in Semester 1.
  2. (Rachel: would like this high on agenda if poss) Team building: do we still have a Strike Team? Where to from here?
  3. Inspire Centre unavailable for Week 2 Drop in on June 21st.
  4. (Rachel) Using the Inspire Centre - how are we going to use this space in WIT? Support for integrating technology.
  5. Annual Course Report request from Gerlese. What's this about? (Rachel: my understanding is that only Simon and Dennis need be concerned about this but will confirm)
  6. (Rachel) Reporting back on academic mentorship and any issues arising from Professional Experience liasing (hmm - I don't think there's going to be time for this one today. Are there any separate Academic Mentor's meetings planned?).
  7. Separate Unit Outlines for Grad Dip and UG?
  8. Separate Moodle sites for Grad Dip and UG?
  9. Assignments 3 and 4.
  10. organisation of Grad Dip tutorials
  11. Organisation of Undergraduate tutorials.
  12. Use of wiki, ning, moodle
  13. an agreed way for students to make contact with us/or/each staff member does it his/her own way?(Rachel: and some resolution on the use of email)

Moderation meeting

Monday 30 April, 1430 - 1630, @ Meg's office


Resubmits from Assgt 1
  • ?

Assignment 2
  • Equity: student oral presentations/rationales
  • Some students doing assignment 3 and not assignment 2?!
  • Common mistakes: spending too long on the event. cf TRob for a great example of how to keep it short and simple!
  • Observations? MP: From what I'm seeing so far, there's a lot of 'box checking' going on. I'm surprised: assgt 3 got such great stuff out of students last year and I assumed that this one (assgt 2) would be similar this year.
  • Ped Wiz book to be returned to Anna -- who has it?


Winter Term planning
  • Wiki? Ning? Moodle?
  • Moodle sites (probably not for this meeting, but thought I'd note it down for when we do have a Winter Term planning meeting) (SS)
  • Undergraduate structure: how will this work? (SS)
  • Simon's ideas about pairing of units & assessments. Pacifying students but increasing workload? Marking implications. (SS)
  • Student WIT absence request (Green Lantern) MP: TO GET IN TOUCH WITH RC
  • A UG student just asked a really good question: are we going to make any allowances for those undergrads that want or need to study in S2? (the end of WIT overlaps with O-Week for S2). Do we have assessment due dates in place that acknowledge this, for instance?) (RC)





Thursday 19 April. Meet out front of InSPIRE


Checking in
  • How are we travelling?
  • How are students travelling?

Assignment 2
  • Has whatever I did wrong in the Moodle assignment 1 'upload a file' been rectified for Assignment 2? [I'd check myself, but I don't know what to look for.] (SS) ACTION: TEST IT, IF IT DOESN'T UPLOAD, THEN COPY AND PASTE
  • When to get feedback returned? 3 WEEKS

Students
  • Monitoring poor student behaviour on the wiki


Thursday 12 April. Meet out front of InSPIRE


Checking in
  • How are we travelling?
  • How are students travelling?

Assignment 2
  • OPs at InSPIRE, Friday 20 April ACTION: MP TO CHECK PR's AVAILABILITY
  • Marking sheet in Google Docs (MP)
  • Feedback form done (MP)

Week 11
  • AEU presentation in Week 11 lecture
  • Cancellation of second lecture: ACTION CL
  • MP: Risk mgt lecture
  • Tute: 'Assignment Fair' ACTION MP






Thursday April 5th. Meet out front of Phil's office


Checking in
  • How are we travelling?

Assignments
  • Late submission of assignments DONE
  • Ways of sharing great Assignment 1s (Leise's paintings, CeCe's game, films, orals, writtens, etc): 'Assignment Fair', Week 11. ACTION: MP TO ORGANISE
  • Assgt 1 feedback: in the upload a file section
  • Assignment 2
  • Rubric for Assignment 2
  • OP requests for reschedule (x 2): ACTION: MP
  • Assgt 2: creative or oral (MP to discuss student idea) ACTION: MP

WIT
  • Winter timetable:
  • Community, groupings & Winter Term (SS)

Week 10
  • Week 10 plans for tutorial (all CPP 2) [Rotating sessions to include one on vocation/well-being - Steve - and one on Assignment 2 (Phil, Charlotte & Meg)?]

Week 11
  • AEU presentation in Week 11 lecture
  • MP: Risk mgt lecture
  • Tute: 'Assignment Fair' ACTION MP

InSPIRE
  • MP report-back on meeting with RF


Tues 27 March, Meg's office

Moderation meeting


Submissions
  • Some unreadable due to incorrect/missing extensions
  • Some too large in terms of file size

Misc
  • General impressions? Notes? Blockages? Things to know for next time?

Rubric
  • Communication: of ideas, not just good gramma!

Late submissions
  • Make a case to us for a bare pass
  • ACTION: MP to find laties! Unit outline says zero, but let's give people a second chance ...
  • Complaints? Talk to ADE.


Thurs, 22 March, 1030 @ InSPIRE


CANCELLED. TOO BUSY!

Next time, on Battlestar Galactica:

  • Winter timetable
  • Late submission of assignments
  • AEU presentation in Week 11 lecture
  • Community, groupings & Winter Term







Thurs, 15 March, 1030 @ InSPIRE

Podcasts (1000) TO BE HELD OVER UNTIL NEXT MEETING ... OR SOMETHING
  • Expectations around communication timeframes
  • Other parts of our jobs
  • Different approaches to weekly tasks ... and to pedagogy in general?
  • A note from Steve: I have a thought about how this might be introduced. Would team be happy if I kicked it off by giving my sense of our different strengths/approaches, which we then discuss?

Checking in DONE
  • How are we travelling?

Students DONE
  • Update

Tutorial structure DONE
  • Student feedback, groupings, community, relationships
  • Use of instant surveys for Week 7 tutorial? ACTION: SS & MP

Kudos DONE :)
  • Phil: nice handling of OP queries

Assgt 1 DONE
  • Process and procedures -- marking (MP) DONE ACTION: MP TO BRING CL UP TO SPEED
  • Moodle feedback STILL AN ONGOING PROBLEM (SS)
  • Regi: Ass. mediums UG DONE
  • Extensions: need request form + documentation DONE
  • Work handed in late ACTION: PR to send out Moodle announcement + info on clicking 'this is my own work' (RT to assist)

Assignment 3 for WT DONE
  • Week 11: professional identity, learning from your mentor, wrap-up, podcasting
  • WIT timetabling: ACTION: MP to talk to Simon and try for same pattern




Thurs 8 March, 1000 @ Black Pepper



Checking in DONE
  • How are we travelling?

Students DONE
  • Update on last week's queries (WIT and OP on Thurs) DONE
  • Yesterday's 2 encounters (HC) DONE
  • Student emails DONE
  • Withdrawal of PT student DONE

Misc
  • Need to finish up on time, i.e., 20 minutes past the hour (another lecture at 1130 + UGs might need to get to tutes/other clases)
  • WIT timetabling: ACTION: MP to talk to Simon and try for same pattern
  • Children on Campus policy. Relevant bits: ACTION: MP to talk to student
    • Sympathetic treatment of the occasional need to bring children into the classroom or the workplace or request special consideration because of child care responsibilities
    • A child under the age of 15 years may not be on campus except while in the care of an adult parent, guardian or other such as a designated child care person. At all times when a child is on campus and not in a designated child care facility a visiting child is the sole responsibility and liability of the parent or legal guardian.
    • Parents and guardians must ensure that children do not have access to high risk prohibited areas such as laboratories.
    • It is important that the child’s presence on campus does not result in disruption to the workplace including classes and non-teaching areas such as the Library.Staff, students, volunteers and visitors must seek approval from their respective supervisor, lecturers and tutors to bring children onto the campus.
    • There are several factors which need to be considered before permission should be granted to bring children onto the campus:-
      • The circumstances of the need to bring the child on campus;
      • The nature of the work area;
      • The child’s accessibility to hazardous work substances, equipment and activities;
      • Level and nature of the supervision required for the child;
      • The amount of time that the child is required to be on campus;
      • Other options see s5.2 and s9.

      7.2 Children in the classroom

      Permission for children to attend the classroom is at the discretion of the tutor or the lecturer.
      This permission should take into account the size of the class and the length of the lecture/tutorial.
      Permission should be withdrawn if the child is disruptive.

      7.3 Approval
      • Approval to bring a child on campus should be obtained from the relevant supervisor in advance if possible or on arrival.
      • Permission to take a child to a classroom requires further approval from the relevant lecturer/tutor concerned.
      • Approval should take into account the subject matter of the class into consideration.

Use of InSPIRE DONE
  • SecEd@UC asked not to use upstairs kitchen DONE
  • 'inspireoz' tag on Flickr to be only used for photos taken in/of InSPIRE Centre DONE
  • Meg keeps forgetting to reset the tech demos! Remind her! DONE
  • Not a student hang-out space
  • ACTION: MP to meeting with RF and SS

Communication protocols/risk management: Black Pepper protocols :) DONE
  • Check CCs in emails DONE
  • Start a new email for each new topic DONE
  • Any complex stuff, save it for the meeting/f2f DONE

Tech DONE
  • VoiceThread: can the Faculty pay for staff accounts? Currently, we are funding things ourselves. DONE
  • Flickr: Should we open up our images to a CC licence? Need to consider students and use of images by third parties. So, NO.

Week 10/11 program DONE
  • Phil away week 11?
  • Genearl invitation to 2010/2011 students to join us Week 10? Can we re-arrange around these.
  • Week 11: professional identity, learning from your mentor, wrap-up

Assignments DONE
  • 1: Date for marking? DONE
  • 1: Allocate primary marker/admin ACTION: MP
  • 1: URL submission. Plus, if students submit via URL, their work must be public/viewable by us (could be a loophole there for students: 'Oh, you couldn't see my work? Sorry! It must have been set to private! Let me just change it now three days after the due date') DONE
  • 2: Do we have a word limit yet? 2,500 and equiv. DONE


Thurs 1 March, 1030 at InSPIRE (aka The Clubhouse)


Students DONE
Let's flag any specific issues/concerns
  • Expectations around communication timeframes. (MP) AND Should we communicate to students the other parts of our jobs? i.e., that Grad Dip is not all that we do? (MP) ACTION: PODCAST next week DONE
  • Student request for change to OP delivery date (earlier) YEP, OK :) ACTION: MP to contact // Thurs, 15th, 1430 DONE
  • Student request for alteration to individual WIT attendance pattern. ACTION: Options: SCPE in Sem 2; Mentor with mentor/study buddy. RC to discuss with student. DONE
  • Part-timers? ACTION: Let's just keep monitoring things
  • ACTION: Podcast on our different approaches to weekly tasks, next week, 1015 DONE

Risk management DONE
  • Just a reminder to the team not to share location details via the internet -- potential privacy and security implications. Not that any of us have done this, but I had to be very careful about this in response to a student question on Ning this week (MP) DONE
  • Privacy issues (blogs and photos) ACTION: PR Opt-out message on Moodle
  • Uploading protocols for Flickr DONE
  • Flickr photos: ACTION: MP to remove named images DONE

A staggered fortnightly pattern, rather than weekly? LATERRRRRR ...
  • A passing thought from Steve. Might be a dumb idea, but it came to me in vegetable garden (some good ones ideas generated there, some bummers)

Week 5
  • InSPIRE booked on Thurs or Tues?
  • Next Thurs try for Lake G. ACTION: SL
  • MP Today in Studio 2
  • Balloons left over on Tues.
  • Space opens in late May. Not a student study space, not generally open to students. ???

Student blogs DONE
  • Consolidated list

Assignment 1 DONE
  • Date for OPs -- need to advertise ACTION: MP to organise schedule and venue
  • Marking spreadsheet ACTION: MP

Moodle feedback problems DONE
  • Students can't read feedback comments from SS. ACTION: SS has contacted the Moodle people.

Week 4 tute debrief DONE
  • Students need more structured debriefing after the session. Build into week 5 tute. ACTION: SS
  • Email from student. ACTION: PR



Thurs 24 Feb, 1015 at InSPIRE (aka The Clubhouse)


Checking in ...

Wiki
  • Students to access copyright articles via eReserve

Staff wellbeing
  • We are getting sick and feeling under strain. Can we ride it out? Maybe, but at some stage we must discuss how to manage these things better/differently without compromising the student experience
  • Looking after ourselves first
  • Re-iterating that we each have different styles: observe our differences

Use of student names in blog titles
  • Implications of last year's experience?
  • Encourage students to not use their own names in their blogs. ACTION: MP -- can people hide their name in their URL
  • ACTION: MP to run this into the PPE
  • ACTION: Charlotte and Phil to bring nerf guns

Misc
  • Jo

Assignment 1
  • Recording conversation re expectations re assgt 1
  • Rubric: Open for comment until Monday COB
  • Word lengths
  • Undergrads: They don't need to do a poster. Assgts 1 and 2 (and b) only

Audio recording
What questions do we need to answer?
8 minutes
  1. What is it? Check your unit outline!
  2. What is the purpose of the assignment? Starts the process of ped reasoning and importance of the research around this (SS)
  3. How do I talk about my assumptions? Show the way the course material informs their thinking, deepens their thinking (CL)
  4. Do you read drafts? No. drop in, we welcome people to come and talk about it as it's evolving (MP)
  5. How to marry the different parts together? Provos, readings, reflections? (SS)
  6. How do I deal with each of my different units? (PR)
  7. What are expectations as regards the content of the assignment? (PR)
  8. How are we going to mark it? (MP) 2 elements: rubric (given explicit marks and weightings to criteria) AND Word lengths; joint marking and moderation
  9. We're not trying to clarify everything -- come along and talk to us and bring your friends who have the same questions



Thurs, 16th Feb, InSPIRE


Checking in
  • How are we all travelling?

Students
  • Student medical issues
  • Who's got first aid?
  • Online presence: where do we jump in on student conversations?

Assignments
  • Assignment 1 -- students are starting to think/ask about it. Let's do some revision ourselves.
  • Assignment 1: Do not need to refer to all 9 provos: ACTION: MP
  • Word lengths: max 2,500; Need to check lengths for videos, audios, presentations. ACTION: PR TO CHECK LAST YEAR'S LIMITS; MP TO TWEET THAT THIS INFO IS COMING BY NEXT TUES
  • Rubric? ACTION: SS TO DRAFT/GET STUDENT HELP
  • KLA workshops: separate assessment for students who can't attend workshops?
  • Assignment due dates: some assignments too close ACTION: RT TO REVISE; PR TO CHANGE ON WIKI

InSPIRE
  • Need to re-set furniture after each session
  • Keep students from upstairs area
  • Visit from Rob

Tute 3
  • Overview

Workload: Weekly writing tasks
  • How to manage the weekly writing tasks

OH&S briefing
  • Don't go upstairs
  • First aid
  • PPE week 4



Thurs, 9 Feb, 1030 - 1130, InSPIRE


Students
  • Who from class of 2011 have we heard from? DONE :)
  • Responding to student feedback DONE
  • Grad issues DONE
  • Managing expectations, esp around the tech. I wonder if even just referring to it as 'the wiki' might distance some people? DONE
  • Blogs: space on Netvibes set up DONE

Undergrads
  • Most are only doing ONE of our units, so the assessment selling point isn't such a big deal for them ...
  • But it will get them prepped up for next year (so, positive!)

Lecture 1 DONE
  • Recording request re-submitted DONE
  • Do we need to re-record the lecture for Week 1? ACTION: ALL TO ADD VOICE TO VOICETHREAD
  • time of CPP 2 lectures (conflict between timetable and wiki schedule) ACTION: RT
  • CPP 1 at 1030? Request from PE staff. Problem: uni timetable says 0930 :( aaarrrggghhhhhh!!!! ACTION: RT TO ALSO FIX WIKI

Assignments DONE
  • Is it true that there are 'multiple assignments' for UG students doing 2 units? See AM_Issy tweets. Need clarification. ACTION: MP TO TWEET BACK WITH CLARIFICATION
  • Steve's online Lecture Week 2, and blog post, connected to Assignment 1. ACTION: SS TO PUT ON ASSIGNMENT 1 PAGE OF WIKI

Tutes
  • Regi: do we need her? (in the nicest possible way, Regi) YES. DONE :)
  • Tute 2: overview from Meg and Phil DONE
  • Tutorial groupings. Are there advantages in us having four generic groups? DONE

Misc
  • Netvibes DONE


Friday, 3 Feb, 0930 - 1230, InSPIRE Centre

  • Tech run-through (with RF after 1000)


Planning meeting, Monday, 30 January, 0930 - 1700, InSPIRE Centre


Wiki DONE
  • Recording lectures
  • Distribution of welcome letter (wiki, moodle, first week meetings)
  • How we use the weekly
  • Staff Weekly on the Wiki deadline: Friday before the week it's being taught so that students have the weekend to look over the material

Tute groups DONE
  • How do we allocate students to tutorial groups? Are we going to do this session by session? Have the same tutorial groups for all units (ie organise them alphabetically)?

Unit outlines DONE
  • Unit outlines for ELPC G1, CPP 1, CPP 2 -- where are they?!
  • ACTION: MP DONE

Attendance DONE
  • "Do I need to attend lectures in week 1?" "Are the prof learning seminars recorded?" (basically, "Is everything optional?"). Professional standards require that students attend.
  • Only lectures are recorded.
  • ACTION: MP to Retweet! DONE

Professional learning seminars DONE
  • 0930: structured activity, ST member to organise
  • 1100: Consult
  • 1130 - 1300: tech help/consultations
  • ACTION: CL and MP to add info to Timetable

Room bookings: SS
  • TEAL Room
  • Flexispace
  • Two break-out rooms
  • When we've got it booked, what does that mean? Can we be bumped at a minute's notice?
  • InSPIRE generally ... "Is it possible to clarify the status of the booking. This one is no problem (as I see it being o-week) but I remember we have been bumped from 8/9 march as well.If we are to plan Grad dip workshops and expect them to attend, can we be bumped at a moments notice? is there a back up space booked? Etc" (PR email)
  • Week 5 - InSPIRE Flexi and TEAL Space booked, 8 Mar

Information session
  • 1730, Tues, 31 Jan, O'Week, 9A01
  • Welcome from MP, read your letter, any questions?
  • Welcome letter

Week 2 tutes

Timetable
  • MP: To fix

Week 1

Lecture, Tues, 0930 - 1120, Course overview
  • 0930: Welcome, Course overview + structure of timetable (MP) incl. CPP workshops + questions
  • 0945: Provos (SS)
  • 0950: Unit overviews (all), 2 mins each
  • 1000: Assessment overview (PR) + Part-timers (PR) + Research stuff (PR)
  • 1010: Prof Exp. [police checks] (SL)
  • 1020: Social media: The Big Talk (MP)
  • 1035: Questions (CL to facilitate)
  • 1045: Steve's Story (SS), 30 minutes

ACTION MP: to contact SL
ACTION ALL: Send slides to MP by Thursday COB

Tute, Tues, 1230 - 1700, Introductions
  • 1230 - 1400 (2 groups, 40 minutes each, 5 minute change over) MP
  • 1430 - 1600 (2 groups, 40 minutes each, 5 minute change over) MP
  • 1600 - big group stuff (informal) SS
  • 1630 - go for a wander PR and CL; RF as guest
  • 1655 - 1700 - Wrap up, what's happening on Thurs (MP)
Tute1Outline.jpg
Tute1Outline.jpg


Seminar, Thurs, 0930 - 1300
  • 0930: Intro to Ped reasoning (PR)
  • 1000: Learning from last year (PR)
  • 1100: Consult
  • 1130: Wiki, Ning, Twitter, Moodle (MP, SS)
  • 1200: Tech skills/help-basic, Ning, blog (MP- all staff to assist)


Unit outline meeting, Thurs 8 Dec 2012

  • Individual consultation hours: Do we still need them? From Steve: I think we build this into our Thursday 'Seminar/Workshop time'
  • Co-reqs and pre-reqs: Confusing on website!
  • Joint tutes, or separate?
  • Will be all be ready to submit outlines by Friday? What about week of 19 Dec?
  • Updating the Moodle site.
  • At the moment we're thinking of having 4 basic Unit Outlines. Wd it work better with 8? Or 2? (Gut feeling at the moment that we're trying to comply with Faculty/UC requirements, which are based on the assumption that everyone works at unit level, but we're working at course level, and trying to fit this into Unit Outlines is awkward.)
  • CL: What help, if any, can we give you re wiki, Twitter, etc? :)

Planning day, Mon 6 Dec 2012


Course structure
Sem 1
Winter
Sem 2
6705 ELPC 1 (MP) 2, 4, 6, 9, 11
10.30-11.30
6777 ELPC 2 (SS)

8840 CPP 1 (PR) 2, 4, 6, 9, 11
9.30-10.30
8858 CPP 3 (PR)
CPP 4?
8849 CPP 2 (SS)
1, 3, 5, 7, 10
10.30-11.30
6730 SCPE G (MP)
SCPE (RC?)
6704/8822 Ed Founds (CL)
1, 3, 5, 7, 10
9.30-10.30
6733 RINE (RT?)
RINE (RC?)

Course structure
  • Refresher

Timetabling
  • Lectures
  • Tutes
  • Winter term
  • Tues lecture theatre, bldg 2, ugrad/pgrad: 0930 - 1130
  • Tues 1230 - 1730 = Dip ed Inspire
  • Various (but mostly Wed): ug tutes
  • Thurs: drop-in, Inspire (commons space)
  • Thurs: KLA workshops at the College

Lectures
  • Intro/induction day: incl tech skills; overview of PE etc.
  • How to schedule?

Tutes
  • Cross-unit teaching/support?
  • Undergrads? Grad Dips?
  • CCCP
  • KLA seminar/workshops (room for up to 20 KLA workshops)
  • Tutes: ugrad and pgrad tutes separate; workshops together; lectures together

Assessment
  • Item 1
  • Items 2, 3, 4
  • Provocations
  • Portfolio, links theory to practice, and demonstrates grad teacher standards
  • Course = 80 %, CPP = 20 %

Unit outlines
  • PDF version only?
  • Outline deadline to Meg?
  • Make KLAs visible in the documentation

Social media
  • Wiki: new or same?
  • Moodle: archiving of 2010 Moodle; use for assessment
  • Ning, Twitter, blogs
  • Risk management

Students
  • Managing expectations
  • Extensions -- problems from 2011?
  • Prof exp: police checks, badges, PEO

MTeach
  • n = 70? Higher GPA?
  • To discuss today or later
  • Make it an elite course
  • Offer with undergrad package at ANU
  • Need to meet AQF Masters teaching standards; 12 units, 4 -- research project
  • 12 units common to pgrad and ugrad program
  • Need 4 more units on top of the current dip ed
  • Want this in place for 2013

Timetabling
Note for students that whatever is on the wiki takes precedence.
Perhaps some flexibility with timetable, however need to ensure that UG and PT students know when they have to come at a regular time.
Pedagogy of tutorials
Focus of lectures = focus in tutes- the convener of that unit takes responsibility for the planing of these tutes.
Everyone together are acting as floaters/tutors for the content delivery, however not planning the content.

Book the Teal Room on Thursday


1
2
3
4
5
6
Ass 1 due Friday 12pm
7
8
9
Ass 2 observations done
10
11
Ass 2 due Friday 12pm
Lecture
UG & GD
BLD 2
9.30-11.30
Course overview
-Assessment (PR)
-Provos (SS)
-Social media (MP)
-Prof Exp. [police checks] (SL)
-Steve's Story (SS)
-Unit overview (all)
ELPC 1
CPP 1
(MP & PR)
EF
CPP 2
(CL
&
SS)
ELPC 1
CPP 1
(MP
&
PR)
EF
CPP 2
(CL
&
SS)
ELCP 1
CPP 1
(MP
&
PR)
EF
CPP 2
(CL
&
SS)
BREAK
ELPC 1
CPP 1
(MP
&
PR)
EF
CPP 2
(CL
&
SS)

Tutes
GD
Inspire Centre
12.30-14.30
15.00-17.00
- Introductions
- Explore the space: assessments (SS)
1230 - 1400 (2 groups) MP
1430 - 1600 (2 groups) MP
1600 - big group stuff (informal) SS
1630 - 1700 go for a wander PR and CL
Thurs
-Wiki, Ning, Twitter, Moodle (MP)
-Ped reasoning (PR)
-Jo Smith [research and feedback] (PR)
-Tech skills/help-basic, Ning, blog (MP- all staff to assist)
ELPC 1
CPP 1
EF
CPP 2
ELPC 1
CPP 1
EF
CPP 2
ELP C 1
CPP1
EF
CPP 2
BREAK
ELPC 1
CPP 1
EF
CPP 2

Workshops
UG & GD

CPP 1
CPP 2


CPP 1
CPP 2
BREAK
CPP 1
CPP 2

Tutes
UG
Work ethic- GD research






BREAK



Thurs drop-in
9.30-13.00 Inspire
-Questions
-Clarifications
-Feedback
-Presentations
-Help
Need to clarify purpose
Doubt and disillusion
(SS)
Pedagogical reasoning (PR)
Tech help follow- up (MP)
(CL)
Steve's story follow-up
(SS)
(MP)
BREAK
Prof identity
(PR)
(CL)
Professional Experience/ Legal Issues
-prac
(PR)
Meetings
Thurs 13.30-14.30







BREAK



Assessment
Amt 1
Based on experience of school
-Britzman
-examining assumptions

What I think, why and assumptions, experiences
-Own attitudes
-Self and own learning, understanding of each unit
-What do they think of the provos?
-This is my thinking about education
Informed by your early readings, information

Assgt 2
Mandate observations by week 9

Assgt 3
Ped Reasoning

Assgt 4
Poster on provo


CPP1-3 In tutorial
80% integrated; 20% CPP assessment


1- week 6
2- week 11
2a- workshops
ELCP1
50
50

CPP1
40
40
20
CPP2
40
40
20
EF
50
50



3- week
4- week
4a- workshops
ELCP2
50
50

CPP3
40
40
20
SCPE
50
50

RINE
50
50


Primarily writing
Primarily oral
Own choice
Poster
Link
in
with
rubric

Tasks
Social Media
SS- set up new moodle site (for those who do not want to put things on social media sites)
MP- Twitter one feed; blog trouble story; tidy up wiki

Assessments
PR- Ass 1 mapping out for
SS- send workshops info to Pr & RT; Britzman quote. send to MP by tomorrow lunch
RT- Mapping out CPP1-4 (may be a 15% blog/portfolio and 5% in-workshop e.g. demonstration of planning, management, assessment; maybe same assessment focus of portfolio for 1-3 and workshop-based) by Thursday. Workshops mapped out by end of next week.

Unit outlines
-Draft to be completed by conveners by Thursday meeting: send off to Jackie for approval on Friday
-Mapping assessment grid on Thursday
-Put ped reasoning in outlines
-MP to co-ordinate

Leave
SS: off till mid January
RT: off till Feb
MP: 12 - 18 Dec; 1 - 8 Jan
PR: 12 Dec - Jan 20
CL: ?